Saturday, June 11, 2011

"Why Do We Take It All For Granted Until It's Gone?.."

I am sure most have you have probably seen on the news or heard the story about Lauren Spierer, the 20 year old Indiana University student that went missing. It has been a week since Lauren Spierer was last seen. I never knew Lauren, but the fact that she went missing in my home town hits very close to my heart. It's interesting to me how people seem to think things like this will never happen to them until it actually does happen to you. Either you end up being the one missing and you're in the middle of something you wish was a nightmare, but it's not, or you wake-up one day and find someone you dearly loved has vanished and your world gets turned upside down trying to put clues together to figure out what might have happened to that person. My heart and prayers go out to this girl and her family and friends, but after a week of not being able to find her I know the outcome will probably not be pretty.

When something like this happens it makes me want to spend time with those who are the most important to me and remind everyone I love how much I love them and how much they mean to me. I know I try to do that every now and then. I will randomly send them a note or text or card to let them know how special they are to me, but every now and then may not be enough. It's sad that something like a missing person can remind us all that we need to not take family and friends for granted....


No comments: