Sunday, July 10, 2011

Wow! It's Been Awhile






Man, I feel like I have been in a bit of a funk for the past month or so... Not really a funk as in my life stinks, but more of a "I have nothing to exciting to write about so I just won't write at all kind of feeling." In reality I am sure if I sat down to write something I would have been able to get some great stuff out, but I just didn't have the urge to bother with it. That happens to me every few years. I get addicted to writing, and then I feel as though I have said all I want to say for awhile, so I take a bit of a break.

This past week I wanted to blog a lot, but I was not able to really do it justice as I was away on vacation all week. I went down to Florida where I hung-out on Daytona and Destin Beaches along with spending some time in St. Augustine site seeing.

While in St. Augustine I had so much fun learning about all the Catholic history that is there.... Where the first Catholic missionary nuns were buried, the place where the first Mass was said on American soil, the first Catholic parish in America, , and the place where the first cross was erected, the burial grounds of the first christian native Americans were all just a few of the interesting things I learned about. There is so much history in that town and I only was able to get only a little bit of it.

No comments: