Sunday, October 24, 2010

Road Trip Down to St. Meinrad






Yesterday was a very eventful day. Two friends and I went on a road trip down to St. Meinrad's Monastery where we visited some of our seminarian friends. We made there in a record time of two hours, which I must say I am still proud of myself for. The first activity scheduled for our day was Mass. After that we spent some time catching up with a few of the seminarians over lunch. We enjoyed looking around the main church while our "tour guide," Mike, practiced for a concert he participated in today. He then took us through the Monastery and drove us around the few shrines that around the St. Meinrad. We prayed a rosary together at one of them; the Monte Cassino (the top two photos). After all of that we ended our day there praying evening prayer with the monks. It was a great balance of prayer and fun.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

This pictures are marvelous and I must get back there and soon..from these, I see I have missed a great deal..I don't recall some of these places where spirit and soul should be allowed to take refuge sometimes.

Suzanne said...

I mean these pictures..:)