Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My Top Five Dream Destinations







Tonight during out drop-in Fr. Stan asked us all a question. He wanted to know the top five places we wanted to visit in our lifetime and why. This did not take long for me to answer because I have thought about these five places a lot since I was in high school. I thought I would put them up here for some fun...

#1. I want to visit the Vatican City mainly because I am Catholic and there is so much of my faith there. I want to see the Sistine Chapel. I here that you could spend so much time in the Basillica there without realizing because there is a lot to see and take in. I want to go there so badly.

#2. The state of Hawaii is another place I have always longed to visit. First off, I hate the cold and wintertime, and it is always warm there. Second, I love going to the beach, and Hawaii is basically a group of islands surrounded by the ocean. Thirdly, I would love to visit Pearly Harbor. Fourthly, I think seeing the volcanos would be kind of cool.

#3. I really would love to visit Greece. After watching the movie "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" I have wanted to see the place in reality. It looks as though the place has kept the same character for hundreds of years, it looks like a timeless country, if that makes any sense whatsoever.

#4. I would love to go to Ireland. A lot of my ancestors have come from Ireland, and I would love to visit there. Not to mention, the movie "P.S. I Love You" has also fed into my goal of somehow visiting that country... random note: those who have not seen the movie "P.S. I Love You" should see it... it's such a great movie, but I warn you to grab tissues because you will undoubtedly cry.

#5. I want to visit Egypt. I think that seeing the pyramids up close would be so cool. There is obviously a lot of rich history in Egypt and I would love to soak it all up there. It would be way to awesome.

No comments: