Saturday, May 28, 2011

Hooray For Field-Trips!


Yesterday at work we took a field trip up to the Children's Museum up in Indy. The kids has a ball looking at the Dinosaurs, hanging-out with Dora the Explorer, learning about life for families in Egypt, and going on a train ride, and just exploring. They were able to get up-close and personal with fossils, and were even allowed to touch a real t-rex leg bone fossil. The staff was very nice and added to the fun the children had. Everything in this museum was hands-on, even more so than when I was a kid from what I can remember. It was a great day for them. I know I had a ball until towards the end of the day.

I had a very frustrating encounter with a random parent while playing in the pre-school area of the museum. This woman's daughter had been getting pushed around by some older kids, and since I was the closest adult near-by her she took her frustration out on me. I don't really need to go into detail about how rude she was with me, but I must say I have never wanted to call someone out as much as I wanted to let her have it. Instead, I held my tongue and I was very polite with her. I guess that must have annoyed her more as she became even more angrier with me. The thing is I really don't know anything about this woman. Maybe she was having a hard day, or week, or maybe she had something not quite right going on with her mind. I don't know. So even though she kind of ended my day on a sour note I do not wish anything bad on her. Even though that did happen, at the end of the day when I thought back on that encounter I said a prayer for that woman because I know people have bad days and sometimes react in random strange ways. I am no saint and make mistakes just like the next person. It's part of being human.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

That is pretty much how I felt about it. Thanks for reminding us..its a new day..may it be better. God bless.