Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Healthy Living


It is interesting to me how being sick for only a couple of weeks can make me change my perspective on things. Really, two weeks is short compared to those who have serious health issues. Mine only was a bout of strep throat immediately followed by a sinus infection. I can tell you though that now that I am finally feeling better I am so very thankful for it. There were things I missed while being sick like being able to swallow without feeling as though my throat was on fire, or being able to breath through my nose, sleeping or sitting in church without fighting the urge to cough every few minutes (nyquil became a friend of mine for awhile there...). Then there was the issue of not really being able to get up and move much without paying for it dearly. I missed being able to sing, even now my voice is not at all ready to push for that.

Before I got sick this last time I exercised six days out of the week mainly because I was doing it for lent. It was more of a chore for me... After being sick I am so excited and grateful that I am able to get up and move my body around. It is a relief to know that I can sit in Mass without worrying if I will have the sudden urge to cough. I am happy to know that tonight I will most likely not have to take more medicine to get to sleep, as I really do not like to take any unless I am really desperate. It is things like this that get taken for granted, but let me tell you at the moment this girl is enjoying being healthy again. :)

1 comment:

Teresa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.