Friday, April 15, 2011

"Kid's Say The Darndest Things" #12

Mrs. Morgan: So how was Henry's day today?
Me: He had a really good day. There was a fire drill this morning, we watched an Easter movie,
Mrs. Morgan (kinda cutting me off in mid-sentence): What kind of Easter movie? The Easter bunny kind or the Jesus kind?
Me: The Jesus kind.
Mrs. Morgan: Oh cool!
Henry: Mommy, Jesus is my favorite!
--------------------------------------

Miss Becky: Sidda do you have an extra pair of shoes in your cubby?
Sidda (in an assuming "duh" kind of way) Yeah, my high heels.

Getting in some good practice for when she will really need to wear those high heels. lol
---------------------------------------

Me: I think I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.
James: what side did you wake up on?
Me: Well normally I like to wake up on my right side, but today I am pretty sure I woke up on my left side...
Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed, James?
James: Yeah, I did.
Me: What side is the wrong one for you?
James: When I wake up on my back.
---------------------------------------

This comes from my ten year old nephew, Isaiah.

Isaiah: Chad (his mom's fiancee), are you Catholic?
Chad: No.
Isaiah: Are you Christian?
Chad (While shrugging his shoulders): Yeah. Yes.
Isaiah: (In a really loud accusing voice) Oh! That means you don't believe, (and then more quietly and slowly) something...
Maria (Isaiah's mom): And what does he not believe?
Isaiah: (Bangs hand on the table) I know! It means he doesn't believe the body and blood... I mean the bread and wine is not the body and blood!

It was SO SO SO cute!
----------------------------------------

Today during nap time I am pretty sure Savannah was dreaming when she woke up...

Savannah: (Sits up in a dreamlike state and looks straight at me) I have to....... I think I have to....... I have..... I have to do something. (and then immediately falls back on her cot and goes right back to sleep.)

No comments: