Thursday, April 14, 2011

Little Five Week - The Greatest College Week-end... And Then Some.

Today was an incredibly gorgeous day in my hometown. The sun was shining, the temperature was just right, and everyone was all out and about. The kind of day that would be a real shame to waste staying inside. Granted, I am sure the most of the people who were out in my home town were out "enjoying: the week's festivities. It is Little Five week here in B-town. Little Five is also know as the best college week ever. Basically it is just an excuse for people to party hard and get totally wasted while going from one party to another to another. I am one who tends to avoid down town at all costs during this crazy week because traffic is not the greatest, I find Little Five week a bit over-rated anyway... I did celebrate a little bit tonight at a local bar as a large group of friends were all going and they were handing out free t-shirts, so I thought why not?

After just a little while at the bar I quickly came to the conclusion that I am finally starting to get-over the whole bar-hopping scene. Don't get me wrong, I do like to go when things are less crowded and I am out with a fun group of friends, but days like today remind me why I don't need to go out to the bars every week-end. The music was too loud and the crowd was pretty intense. Not too mention drinking is so unhealthy on so many levels, especially the crazy mixed drinks that are served at the bars. I guess my adventure with Weight Watchers this Lent has really curbed my appetite for the drinks I once really enjoyed. The amount of calories in those drinks make them less tasty to me so I have kind of avoided them this lent.

Speaking of weight watchers I must say I am proud that I have lost 17 pounds since Ash Wednesday. I am sad to say that not all of my personal lenten promises have not been as successful as that particular one. In the past few weeks I have found myself easily distracted during Mass and Eucharistic Adoration and my own prayer time. I am very excited that this upcoming week is Holy Week. I truly plan on kicking myself back into high gear to finish this lent in as positive a way as I began it. Lent has felt a bit like my own work-outs. They always start-out with high-energy, then in the middle all I can think about it if I am done yet, but by the end I finish with high-energy and a feeling that I can take on the world. I hope that at the end of this Holy Week I will be feeling rejuvenated and ready for whatever comes my way. Wish me luck! :)

No comments: