Monday, February 1, 2010

Heart-to-Heart and Rainbows....

As I mentioned below this past week-end I was away for a retreat. During Eucharistic Adoration I spent a lot of time praying to God about a lot of different things in my life... things I am dealing with that I do not totally understand yet, but I will soon... things I am just getting tired of dealing with... things and people I am so grateful and lucky to have in my life... things I have messed up in my own life... just a good heart-to heart kind of talk...



One of those things that I really started to talk about was my little brother. I love him dearly. He is going to be sixteen this month, and he attended this Confirmation II retreat... I worry about him a lot. I know eventually he will turn out ok, but there are choices he has made that more often then not have really disappointed me... I know he is a kid, and he will make mistakes, but I look at the choices he makes and how they affect my parents and their relationship together that just break my heart. I try my best with him, but there is only so much I think he listens to. So anyway for some reason while talking to God, my other brother entered my mind. My big brother... who is now up in heaven with God. Anyway,... I asked my big brother to help keep an eye on Shane... not that he doesn't now... I would think he does,... and I felt peace with that...



Well in a previous post... which you can find if you click here, I mentioned about why rainbows and the song "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" have a special place in my family with my older brother and us. It is kind of our link between us and him. I believe it is his own way to let us know he is thinking about us... He got our message.... Well today at work I was able to get my kids outside to run and play. It was a grogeous and sunny day with not too many clouds in the sky, and it was not too cold. It was nice. One of my kids in the class was swinging on his swing when he pointed up to the sky and said "Look at the rainbow." In my head I thought he was joking because it was not at all the kind of day you would expect to see a rainbow, but me being me, I looked up anyway, and sure enough there was a rainbow up in the sky. It was not a huge rainbow, but it was a perfect one. You could see all the colors in it perfectly. After about ten minutes it vanished away... and I can tell you that I know without a doubt that it was my brother, David, saying that he heard me and got the message... It happened so fast. It was very cool. Only a little cihld would have really looked to point it out, which reminds me that it is important to work on having the heart of a child....

1 comment:

Mike Keucher said...

It was a great weekend. Great seeing you! You know, I'm sure he will be fine. "All things work together for good, for those who love God." We may not get it now, but it's all in the cards.