Sunday, July 18, 2010

Who does not like a fun road trip with good friends???

As I mentioned in my quick post yesterday, this past week has been a crazy week for me. I have been busy doing something different each evening with some friends. Movie nights, girl's nights, game nights, so forth and so one. I did not get much sleep at all this week and have been kind of dragging.

Yesterday I have to say was probably my favorite. A group of friends and I decided we would take a road trip to visit one of our friends. He happens to be a seminarian who was sent to Terre Haute for the Summer to help out.

The morning started out in my car where everyone ended up eating half-melted chocolate covered doughnuts and had lengthy conversations about the randomness of Lady Ga Ga and her music videos... More specifically how offensive her last one was. (I have been debating putting it on here for all too see, but it is just a little too awful...) We also ended up getting lost once in Terre Haute. Asking for directions at a gas station ended up being pointless because I am pretty sure the man had no idea where he was sending us. Once we called my friend, which is what we should have done, we found our meeting place easily.

We spent the afternoon going around to look at all the different Catholic churches in the area, ate lunch, and the visited St. Mary of the Wood's woman's college, which was started by St. Mother Theodore Guerin. It also happens to be the oldest woman's college in the nation. We joked around and had a pretty good time. I was sad when it came time to leave. I did not totally want to go, but some of the group were pretty tired, so we did leave.

The ride home was much more quiet with half the group asleep in my back seat. It was a fun time. It was nice to go visit my friend for a change, instead of waiting till he comes home to visit.

No comments: