Saturday, July 31, 2010

"Never Never Land" Is Overrated

There is no one here in my house at the moment. Other then the Switchfoot music I am playing on my computer the only noise I hear is the sound of the dryer downstairs. Normally these familiar sounds make me feel relaxed and comfortable and safe. Lately, I find myself feeling a bit restless here in this house. I have been feeling this way for the past few months now. I love my family, but I am ready to be out on my own. I am ready to be in a new place that I can really call my own. A place where I am not completely comfortable. I want to feel a little nervous for awhile. I need to feel the adrenaline rush that comes with that kind of fear. I need to let myself be on my own where I can overcome whatever obstacles I may have without the comfort of my parents being right there to help. I am grateful to them for everything they have done for me, way more then words could ever express. They have helped form me into the person I am today, but I wanna know I do not need to rely on them. I have never lived outside of my parents house, and I am ready to do that. It is time to leave home. Before I can move out there are obvious things that need to be done... Looking around more at different apartments, buying furniture, and saving up money to make sure if I have a tight month I will still have enough to cover rent. With many prayers and hard work I will make this happen. I am ready to really be on my own.

No comments: