Wednesday, July 7, 2010

"You Don't Have A Soul. You Are A Soul. You Have A Body."

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body."
~C.S. Lewis~

There is so much insight in that one short quote by C.S. Lewis. The fact is that our soul is eternal, while our body is only temporary. It will not go with us when we leave this life on earth. Society is all about our bodies... what feels good, looks good, tastes good, but the focus of that is so very much distorted. We all need to remember that the most important thing we should be focused on is our soul... our spiritual growth in our relationship with God. Most of the time what we think feels good is not always what is right for us spiritually. The above quote definitely puts that whole ideal into perspective...

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Yes, I agree. I hope people don't think because I believe in exercise or watching what I eat better is saying that I think body is more important..because it isn't, yet our bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit and sometimes I fall into gluttony which takes me away from God and I can comfort myself too much..then I feel lousy, then I also may have to go to the doctor more, it is about stuff like that..not so much on the emphasis of putting looks above all else, although, I don't think being comfortable and feeling pretty a little is wrong..it is the going overboard into vanity and all that nasty stuff that makes it get crazy. :)
Moderation in all things...
Good post!

Teresa said...

Mom,

I could not agree more! Love you. :)

Teresa