Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Inner Beauty







This past week-end my mom decided she wanted to look at some old antique stores in Tennessee and took me along. I must say antique shopping is not really my thing. I was pretty content when I found some boxes of posters though and spent most of my time looking through those. I found some pretty interesting ones with John Wayne, Laurel and Hardy, The Three Stooges, James Dean, Elvis, Gone with the Wind, The Wizard of Oz...so forth and so on. Among them I ran across lots with Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn.

Now, I have always found Marilyn Monroe a little over the top as far as make-up and attitude goes, but that is what has made her so famous. I was pleasantly surprised to find one Marilyn Monroe poster where she was pretty much natural. She was not trying to be showy at all. I found it really refreshing and beautiful to look at... In fact as I looked at the others she did not always even seem happy.....

Audrey Hepburn, on the other hand is someone I really think was classy and beautiful. She did not really try to be sexy, she was just herself pretty much. She was an amazing actress, but of all the pictures I have found of her that are not for movies that she was in, she really was not showy. I always looked- up to her for that. I also enjoy the many quotes she has said, my favorite happens to be in another blog post I've written.

Anyway, so to the main point of this post. True beauty is not about how much make-up a girl wears. It is not really about how sexy a girl tries to be. It is really how a woman carries herself; with respect. It is too exhausting trying to be someone you are not, and eventually it will bring a girl down. A girl needs to be happy with who she is and what she does, and that will end up helping add more to a person's beauty than anything else.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Hold onto that thought because you've got it right on!