Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"There's No Place Like Home..."

Just a quick post to re-cap what I have been up to all this past week-end.

I went down to Tennessee for a cousin's wedding. It was not a Catholic one because my cousin is not Catholic, but it was still very beautiful. I am somewhat sad because I left my camera at home, so I was not able to take any pictures of the ceremony. It was an out door wedding, and the view was spectacular I must say. The bridesmaids dresses were so pretty and the bride was beautiful. I think that my favorite part of this wedding was the moment right before the father gave the bride away... My cousin looked at his bride with the sweetest expression on his face as he whispered to her how beautiful she was. It was an intimate moment and it was sweet. The reception after was a lot of fun, and although I did not catch the bouquet, my little brother did indeed catch the garter.

Sunday morning the part of the family that is Catholic all went to Mass in this little tiny church. It was kind of quaint, I must say. I really enjoyed the priest that was there. He was pretty old, but as he gave his homily I kind of forgot about that because his mind is obviously still pretty young.

The rest of the week-end was spent hanging-out with family. We spent one evening at a park playing endless rounds of horse shoes and corn hole. I started off a bit rusty, but by the end of the night I was not so bad, I must say. It was a fun and relaxing week-end without much of an agenda so we just enjoyed spending time together.

That was my week-end in a few paragraphs. :)

No comments: