Monday, February 7, 2011

"Kid's Say The Darndest Things" #10

I know I haven't done one of these in a long while... but here we go.


My eight year old nephew came to visit me at the daycare. He was having a lot of trouble trying to climb the rope...

Me: Hey, Isaiah, do you want one of my little kids to show you how it's done?
Isaiah: If I can't do it then they can't. They're littler then me.
Me: Hey, Sofie. Come over here. Do you want to show my nephew how to climb the rope?
Sofia: Yes.
Sofia climbs the rope in about thirty seconds.
Isaiah: Well, can she climb back down?
Sofie climbs down the rope with out a problem.
Isaiah: She needs to be my teacher!
--------------------------------------

Marva: Hey Sofie, what's on your shirt.
Sofia: A ghost.
Marva: What else is on your shirt?
Sofia: polka ducks.... there are also polka ducks on my pants too.

What she meant was polka dots..... lol
-------------------------------------

Camille thought she saw Jacob put some chalk in his mouth....

Camille: Hey Jacob, what is that in your mouth???
Jacob (with a face that looked at her like she was crazy): I have teeth in my mouth!

It was too funny!
------------------------------------

Kaytlin: Marva, what color are your hands?
Marva: Brown
Kaytlin: What color is your face?
Marva: Brown
Kaytlin: What color is your body?
Marva: Brown. Kaytlin, what color are your hands?
Kaytlin (studying her hands with a serious look on her face): Uh, uh, uh, I think yellowish?
-------------------------------------

During circle time we were practicing a song for a thanksgiving day feast had had for all the families to come and attend. It is an Native American song and one of the lines is "This is the way we wash our clothes wash our clothes wash our clothes. This is the way we was our clothes. We are the wampanoag." there are other lines like "this is the way we plant our corn..." etc. After the washing the clothes verse one of the kids says this:

Dash: I just take my clothes out of the dryer at home and they're clean.

After he said that we got into a discussion about how different the lifestyles of the people were at the time of the first Thanksgiving. How they had to hunt their food and make their own clothes and how they washed their clothes... how they did not have a supermarket like we do today, so forth and so on. FInally one of the girls cuts in...

Savannah (with a very serious face): Uh uh... That's, that's a joke!

It was too cute.

No comments: