Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sitting This One Out For A Change

This upcoming week-end is the Kairos retreat. Sadly, I will not be able to attend this one. I know, crazy, me the retreat junkie NOT attending a retreat, but it is a fact this time. There is a saying out there that says that if God wants you to be on a retreat He will get you there. I suppose this time He wants me to sit one out. A huge group of my friends will be attending it, some are even flying in from out of state to be here. One in particular is flying in from Boston. Since I will not be able to be with my friends in person, I will be letting them know I am with them in spirit. One nice way (other than praying, which I will be doing) I will be doing this is by writing them letters. Each retreatant will be receiving a packet full of letters from friends and family letting them know how much they are loved. These types of things are just my style. It is nice to uplift friends and help brighten their day. I like to do that every so often. It is even more fun when they really are not expecting it. For the next few nights I will be occupying myself with this task along with a few others which may mean I might not have time to blog for a couple of days, but it is a small sacrifice to give-up blogging in order to make my friends feel special and loved. :)

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I didn't realize you were missing a retreat? Was it because you went away and didn't get to work on the preps or because of school? They'll miss you too, dearie..I am certain of that! :)