Sunday, February 27, 2011

"Sisters. Sisters. There Were Never Such Devoted Sisters"


30 Day Photo Challenge: Day 2
A picture of you and the person you have been closest with the longest

This is a picture of my little sister, Crista and I. The top one is from about four years ago on a "March For Life" trip before we loaded on the bus. The one on the bottom is of us two on the metro in d.c. this past January while on our "March For Life" trip.

Even though there is only a two and a half year age gap between my sister and I, I can honestly say that has never really been that big of a deal to us. From the beginning we have been pretty much joined at the hip. I remember when we were really young wherever I went Crista HAD to come too. She was my little shadow. I remember there were times when that got on my nerves, but for the most part it did not bother me. We even shared a bedroom with each other for a good portion of our lives which was a lot of fun. I now know that if we tried to do that again today it probably would not work since I would drive her crazy with my country music and she would make me go insane with her messier habbits...

Growing up I appreciated having her around even more since we were both home schooled, so really if we wanted to play during recess we played with each other. We had to be pretty creative when it came to "recess." I remember we would go outside in our backyard and play kickball with imaginary team members. It was a fun time.

As we grew older we had the same group of friends and enjoyed doing the same kinds of things. Wherever we went we were always known as the "McConnell girls." It was never where is Teresa and/or Crista. It was rare that we would go anywhere without each other.

In the past few years it is not quite like that anymore. We each have our own friends and we do not see each other nearly as much. That does not change the fact that she is and will always be my best friend. I love her dearly. :)

No comments: