Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Learning To Appreciate Winter Beauty


The ice storm hit hard in my hometown. Everything here is pretty much closed up and everyone (who still have electricity in their homes) are in hibernation mode. It is a interesting feeling. There is a nice layer of ice covering everything out side. I went to clean off the ice on my car, just for something to do, and it took me about fifteen to twenty minutes to clear it all off. While I was out there I noticed something. It was completely silent outside, with the exception of my car running. No one was outside shoveling their driveways. There were no sounds of cars going down the road. There were no children running around and playing. There were no signs of any animals either. It was very interesting. Silence like that hardly ever happens during the day on my street. I took the time to really look around my street at what nature had done to it. My neighbor's tree in the front yard had a number of branches fall down and block her front door. The snow was shiny from the layer of ice laying on top of it. The trees all glistened in the sunlight from the ice which covered every branch and stem and twig. It looked like a gorgeous winter wonderland. It was a moment that reminded me how even though I am usually not appreciative of winter weather, winter still has it's own beauty that should be noticed. God is really something when He wants to catch a person's attention...

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Teresa,
I would like to invite you to pray with me and a couple of other very prayerful ladies for the next nine days (like a novena) for (I think you know a couple of people and situations that I do not need to list here, but, maybe esp. for the more recent one we have learned about) or as like a novena. I won't ask you what prayers to pray for this novena, but just that they be sincere and regular and from your heart. If you ever need prayers for anything ( although I do pray for your life each day already) but if you need something more specific, you know I will pray. In the meantime, will you do this? Thank you, Teresa. Love, Mom

Estefanía said...

I see God in winter all the time which is why I think winter is beautiful (my friends just think I'm crazy haha). I'm so glad He revealed Himself to you in our ice storm! :)