Wednesday, March 30, 2011

"Kid's Say The Darndest Things" #11

I was getting a glass of water in the kitchen when my cell phone rang. The ring tone happened to be the song "Chicken Fried." For those of you who are not familiar with this song, the chorus goes like this, "Oh, you know I like my chicken fried. Cold beer on a Friday night. A pair of jeans that fit just right, and the radio up. Well I've seen the sunrise. See the love in my woman's eyes. Feel the touch of a precious child, and know a mother's love..." So my ring tone played when I hear this voice come from behind me....

Jonathan (with a HUGE smile on his face): Hey!!! My dad like to drink cold beer on a Friday night too!!!!

It was SO funny, especially because I had no idea he came up behind me at all.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apparently at lunch time one of the kids spilled their cup of milk all over the floor....

Jonathan: Hey, game fowl!!!!!!!
Miss Becky: Jonathan! Where did you learn that from?
Jonathan: My grandpa.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I am changing Josh Neary's diaper... Just another part of my job.

Me: Josh it looks as though either the last person who changed your diaper didn't wipe you enough or you are just starting to poop...
Josh Neary: I am not pooping. Uh-huh.
Me; Well, since I was the one that changed you last I am pretty sure you were trying to, bud.
Josh: No, I'm not starting. I started to on Saturday.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While we were outside on the playground....

Miss Ingrid: Hey Josh, come over here! I need to tie your shoe.
Josh Neary: Nuh uh!
Me: You know Josh, when you trip and fall because you don't want to have your shoe tied I won't feel so bad for you... just saying.
Josh Neary (yelling as he is running around): That's not gonna happen!!!!

Two minutes later... Josh tripped on his shoe lace and fell......
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today during circle time we were singing "I'm bringing home a baby bumble-bee." I was trying to see who remembered the song by stopping between each stanza and asking what happens next... there is one line in this song that goes "I'm puking up my baby bumble bee." Don't ask. I didn't write the song. I just sing it... anyway.

Me: What happens to us next?
Josh Lindauer: Puking up the bee.... but we don't actually really puke it, just fake puke it, right?

It made me laugh.

No comments: