Saturday, March 12, 2011

The One Thing I Could Not Live A Day Without


Photo Challenge
Day 14

A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without



The one thing I could not live a day without is my God and my Catholic faith. Everywhere I go I know that the one place that will feel most like home is where a Catholic Church is. My faith is the most important part of what makes me who I am. I am nothing without the wonderful people that make up the Church family.

I feel blessed to live in a country where I am able to go to Mass without being told I cannot go... although with what happened in Chicago it is easy to see that Catholics here are still put down for what the Church stands for. I am so saddened every time I think about the fact that the protesters were not stopped by the authorities. I know that is not much compared to what Catholics deal with in China and other communist countries, but it is still sad to know it was allowed to happen here. It is time to still keep my head up and walk tall and not be afraid to say I am a Catholic. I also have the freedom to believe what I do and I will keep those who do not like my faith and what it stands for in my prayers. I can't fight hate with hate. Love is what will win in the end.

2 comments:

Teresa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suzanne said...

Beautiful post! I am so thankful, happy, and proud not only of you as our daughter, however, though that I have a sister in the Faith because no matter what our age...no matter how long we have been a Catholic, all of this hurts us (that you wrote about in front of that church happening) and all the cruel things people say, who don't even take the time to challenge themselves to find out the Truth before they mock and put our Lord down...we all hurt and we all need the support of one another until we leave this earthly home.
God bless you and remember John Paul II's words..."BE NOT AFRAID!"
:) Love, Mom