Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patty's Day!!!




Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! This is easily one of my favorite feast days to celebrate. I think it is a little bit of my Irish pride coming out on this day. I have known the story of St. Patrick since I was younger and happy to know that is obviously is not all about leperchaun's and there is reasoning behind the three leaf clover symbol, but that does not stop me from enjoying a good leperchaun hunt with my kids at work.

Today the weather was just splendid. I could not have asked for a nicer day, myself. At work we went all out to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. We had all the kids come in showing off their many different green St. Patrick's Day outfits. We watched a St. Patrick cartoon movie so that the children understood who it was that we were celebrating. We had a leperchaun hunt throughout the whole school, which ended with the children finding a pot-of-gold, which was really lots of candy, which is pretty much the same to kids around age five and under. It was so cute, because the older children enjoyed that hunt so much they wanted to make their own for the little toddlers. They made up their own little clues for them and it was fun to watch them help the little ones. We tried some cooked cabbage with the kids, but we didn't have the corn beef to go with it. The cabbage did not go over so well, but at least we were able to convince them to atleast try some. It was one of those days at work that help make me know that being a teacher is what I love to do.

I came home to find my older sister home with my baby nephew Keegan, so I was able to play with the little guy for a little bit. He was so adorable in his little green St. Patrick's day out fit. He is still little, but he has definitely grown quite a bit since the month and a half since he's been born.

For desert this evening I had a mint cookies 'n cream blizzard, mainly because it is green, but also because I really like that kind of blizzard.

It was a fun and gorgeous day. Now I am off to get some rest for another busy day tomorrow... I will end with this Irish blessing I found. I couldn't pass it up.

No comments: