Thursday, March 4, 2010

"Your Will Be Done"

I found this on the internet today and thought it was too good to pass up... There is one line especially in this poem... "I know how much you love me, so test me more. I have fears but they must be squashed." That line struck me in a way because they say God will give you as much as you can take... so even though He may take us someplace that seems scary He knows that we will be able to handle it and overcome it with great strides....

"Your Will Be Done"

You come every moment of every day
I thought I was ready for you but then find myself fumbling
You told me not to be anxious but my nature is weak
I smile about this ‘cause I know you know and forgive

Your holy will is the best, whether it be comfort or trial, heartache or joy
Whatever you ordain is the best food for my soul
Whatever happens comes to me after your scrutiny
My faults are many, but your loving heart surely anticipates

Help me to resign more and more, dear Lord
|Help me to embrace your holy will with my whole heart and soul
Never to complain, never to fret, never to doubt
Help me to like a child in your bosom rest

Help me to smile, to you and everyone
Help me to accept everything, even aridity and hindrance
Help me to snuggle close to you when my nature shrinks
Help me to discern and cooperate with your grace

I know how much you love me, so test me more
I have fears but they must be squashed
How can I ever trust you enough?
You the most glorious and merciful King

Your will be done, O Divine Mercy
In everyone everywhere at all times
Crush the enemy and mold your children
We are yours today tomorrow and always

Could anything separate us?
Perhaps our cowardice, our distrust, our disobedience
But even then we’ll have recourse to your most Merciful Heart
You’ll relent and hurry to hold us

Enough praise is not sung to you, O Precious King
Stones and grass should all jump for joy, giving you due adoration
Forgive us for our selfish negligence
For in worrying about ourselves we forget to worship you

Can I say that I love you?
My heart is small but its only spark is for you
Pick it out, fan it into flames with your most Holy Fire
I abandon myself to you and resolve to ignorance

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

That was really something to ponder and it is amazing.