Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I Enjoy Being a Night Owl

It is somewhat late for my family at the moment... it is a quarter after eleven and all my family is in bed. I think that my very favorite time of the day is at night when I am the only one in the house left awake. There is something so freeing about being the only person awake when the lights are all off and I feel as though I have to be careful about every move I make so as to avoid as much noise as possible. It is so quiet that the sound of my fingers typing on the keyboard seems as though it could wake someone up in the next room. The sound of the computer running is now so apparent that there is no way to ignore it. I notice the sound of the floor board creaking as I walk down the hall when normally I would not give it a second thought.

It is at night when I let my mind really wonder away from me. It is at this time of the day when I enjoy reflecting on my life... how much I have changed in the past year, ways I can improve on myself for the next. Sometimes I find myself thinking about past relationships and where things started to go awry and how I could have changed it in some way to keep those people still in my life.

As I sit here now and everyone is in bed I have started thinking about the previous post I wrote yesterday. I realize that as silly as it is I can be so candid here on this public blog where the whole world can come and read whatever I write. It kind of comes naturally to write out how I feel rather than just tell someone. When I talk to someone half the time the words that come out of my mouth are never what I mean to say. They come out all jumbled because I tend to speak before I totally think about how to get out what is on my mind. It is so much easier for me to write things here where I can change things around until it sounds just how I mean it to sound. There are so many times when I will start a blog post with on intention and then my mind takes it to another different direction. It is kind of therapeutic for me to write in that way because I uncover something new about myself each time.

No comments: