Friday, April 16, 2010

It's Time For A Little Baseball!

I am sorry about my lack of posting the past few days. I have been a little busy running around hanging-out with friends and family... celebrating birthday parties and other things like that. I am ready to get back to blogging again, so here I go...

On Wednesday evening I happened to attend my last official "holy" hour of the semester. It was kind of bitter-sweet, since it was our last one. I know that it won't be the last time I see those people, but it was sad that it was our last time in that atmosphere....

On our last night our topic was all about lent, Easter season, and Pentecost. The leader, a friend of mine, happened to use the analogy that those three parts of our year are like the baseball season. Now, at first when she started with that analogy I was not sure where she was going with it, but it actually made a lot of sense. You see, lent is like the preparation time when we are making and choosing our team. We prepare those who are going to become a part of our team while bettering ourselves to help make the team the best it can be by sacrificing the things that we think we need, but really do not need too much of, or even at all, in our lives.

Now Easter and Easter time begins our spring training. During spring training we work as a team. We take what we worked on during lent and try to make them good habits. We uplift those around us by a kind sincere compliment. We show Christ to those around us as much as we can through the actions we choose to do.

Pentecost is the first big game of the regular season (a.k.a. ordinary time). We do our utmost best to make Christ known to others. We try to remember to be on our best behavior at all times since we represent the Church to all those around us. We work hard, but play hard to. There has to be a little fun involved, right?

I give props to my friend for thinking up this little analogy, because it is so true. How many of us Catholics tend to think our time of "sacrificing" is over at Easter. Yes, it is time to celebrate, but that does not mean we should throw all that hard work out the window... So how will you help make our team the best it can be????

No comments: