Monday, April 19, 2010

What A Perfect Week-end! :)

"Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away."
Hey Ya'll! Sorry about the lack of posting, yet again. It seems that this whole past week I have just been a very busy girl. It has been a really busy and fun week-end for me too. I can say I honestly enjoyed every minute of it. :)

Thursday evening my sister and I went out to dinner together. We went to Texas Roadhouse. I received a gift card for there this past Christmas and finally used it. It was delicious. Afterwords she and I rented "The Princess and the Frog," and I really enjoyed it. It was a very cute movie. It was like she and I went back to when we were eight and six and would fight over who got to be the princess in the movie we were watching... I would always win Belle, and she would get Pocahontas... anyway it was a nice night.

Friday I took the day off of work and had some more girl time with my sister. We went out to breakfast at Cracker Barrel and then headed up to Greenwood and Indy for a shopping day. I had a lot of fun and found a number of good deals, so I consider that shopping trip a success. After shopping my sister and I met up with her fiancee and some of his friends for an Indianapolis Indians game. Since my sister works at the hospital she was able to get us free tickets. The hospital had their own pavilion suite thing for the game and so we had free food and drinks to our hearts content while watching the game. I have to say though, I MUCH prefer playing baseball over watching it.... even live. I enjoy football way more.

Saturday morning I went and had my driver's license renewed because it would be my only free Saturday morning left before my birthday a little less than a month away. I can easily say that was my least favorite part of the week-end, but even that was not so bad. After that I headed downtown to spend some time with both my sisters and my baby nephew at the Farmer's Market. It was nice to be with them... just us sisters. I love it when we are able to do things like that together. I was not able to stay too long, however, because I went to meet another group of friends for lunch. My good friend flew into Indy to spend the week-end with us. There were about eight of us that had lunch together and it was so nice to spend time with them. I am relishing these times because very soon I will have to say good-bye to some people I have become incredibly close too. I went home after that and spent my afternoon working-out and laying outside while reading a book. A very relaxing afternoon. Later that night I met back up with some of the same people for a drink at Nick's. A nice way to end a pretty perfect day.

Sunday started off with Mass. My brother and I went out to lunch after and we had a pretty good talk. He can frustrate me so much, but at the same time he is my brother and I have a lot of fun with him when it is just the two of us. We goof-off and it is nice. Later Sunday night I met up with my small group from my Kairos retreat. It was a bitter-sweet night because it is probably the last time we will be able to come together as a small group get-together thing. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with this group of people, and I plan on keeping them in my life for a long while... they are pretty much stuck with me. They just don't know it yet.

I love week-ends that go so smoothly like this one. I think this will make it into my top favorite memories of this spring semester. :)

No comments: