Monday, April 5, 2010

My Easter With The Family

I am totally exhausted today and I know exactly why that is. Yesterday my house was taken over by over thirty people. My family hosted our extended family get-together this time, and over thirty people came. The majority of them were family members, but there were also a few who were a cousin's boyfriend or girlfriend, or children of the girlfriend/boyfriend, or just good friends of the family. Since I went to Mass the night before I stayed back home to finish up some of the last minute cleaning that needed to be done. I also had fun hiding the easter eggs for the little guys to be able to find.

We had ham, barbequed chicken from the grill, and pulled-pork barbeque sandwiches. We had hashbrown casserole, cheesy broccoli casserole, pasta salad, baked beans, rolls, salad. We had cheese cake, better than sex cake (yes that is the actual name of the cake... it is amazingness!!!)... I am sure there was even more food that that. That is just what I can remember.... Everything I ate was all so good. I totally ruined my diet I think after what I ate yesterday. ha ha.

Anyway, so as I said, we had a lot of people over at our house. My house is not really small. Actually it is a very nice size, it is just that the roomy rooms are all spaced out, and everyone seemed to want to be together. Luckily the weather was gorgeous so that the kids could be outside running around and people could sit outside to eat if they wanted. At one point a group of us girls decided to go hang out in my room away from the crowd and talk about, what else, but boys... Boy problems... boys we like, bad dates... It was some entertaining stuff. Some of the rest of the family would come in every so often, but they never stayed for long.

I had a blast with my family, but I am not going to lie, it was also nice once everyone left and there was silence. I did not even want to turn on music, which is a big thing for me. I went to bed early, but tossed and turned a lot last night, so when I woke up I was still feeling kind of groggy.

No comments: