Sunday, April 25, 2010

Participating in Sacraments of Initiation


I had yet another pretty busy week-end to say the least. Yesterday happened to be my second oldest nephew's first communion. It was so adorable watching the kids in their outfits. Sadly, I was not able to pay attention to the whole entire Mass. My older sister asked me if I would take care of my baby nephew so she could be fully present and attentive for her son's first communion, and as if I would say no to holding the baby. I guess though it is appropriate too since I will be officially his Godmother in two weeks. :) I missed out on a good fourth of the Mass though. When I was able to fully pay attention I noticed how much work the the teachers and the children did in preparation for their big day. I am pretty sure each child was able to participate whether it was through reading or bringing up the gifts or singing for it. It was really sweet.

Being the good hopeless romantic person that I am I enjoyed Father's last thing he mentioned before closing the Mass. He told the fathers to keep in mind that the next time they walked their daughters down a church aisle dressed like they were would be when they give them away in marriage. I knew that priest is a softy underneath. It was cute. I am pretty sure all the girls in the church "ahh"ed after he said that.

Today was a bitter-sweet day. It was the last confirmation class of the year. The topic was all about prayer and personal holiness and the speaker did very well. He kept the kids attention which is always a great thing. I was a little sad to know that the next time I see some of the kids will probably not be until the fall. I really have enjoyed my small group this year. I've got some good kids. :) After class was my brother's confirmation rehearsal, and I was his stand-in sponsor. I believe the rehearsal lasted a little over an hour... and that seemed like a very long hour to me. Please keep my brother in your prayers as he will be Confirmed next Sunday. :)

All in all I suppose my week-end was spent in a very cool way... participating in the three different Sacraments of Initiation - Baptism, First Communion, and Confirmation, in one way or another.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

You have been busy! Way to go! That is what I have to say. :)
Love you and all you do!