Tuesday, May 4, 2010

"And the rain came falling down..."




Yesterday a couple of my friends and I went on a little road trip to The Mother of the Redeemer Farm. We ended up making it there in time for evening vespers... really we had no idea there would be evening vespers, so it was kind of cool. Impromtu Eucharistic adoration holy hour for us. After vespers we decided to take a walk down the huge hill. As soon as we made it to the bottom, what do you think happened to us? Lightning struck! Now, if you have been to the farm you would understand how frustrating it would be to make it back up this hill with the fear of being caught in a thunderstorm. My friends and I went huffing and puffing up that hill in record time. As soon as we made it to the top we were all pretty much dying. My calves were killing me and I just wanted to drop and not move. We made it inside my car right before it started raining, so it was some pretty perfect timing. Once we made it to the IU campus, one of the girls looked out and saw the rainbows that are in the photos above. I was so excited because I happened to have my family's camera with me. Since I was the driver I asked one of the girls if they would take the pictures for me. It was so beautiful to look at! It was a fun and adventurous trip up to the farm, if I do say so myself. :)

No comments: