Saturday, May 8, 2010

Change.... I Certainly Do Not Like It...





This past week has been finals week here in Bloomington, for the college students. I have learned to kind of dread this week because it is always a week of good-byes. My friends who are seniors are done with IU and Bloomington once graduation is over and I know that for a large number of them it will probably be the last time I will ever get to see them. I will be keeping in touch with them via facebook and texting and what have you, but it will not be the same as seeing them even once a month or so. Even now as I sit here and type this out, the whole goodbye process does not seem totally real to me yet. I still feel as though I will be able to call up these
friends and make a time to hang-out... It is hard to let go of something you want to hold on to.
Anyway so I was kinda down last night thinking about all this good-bye stuff. I decided to pick up the Bible, without really having any idea what I was wanting to read. I decided to just randomly open it up, and what page did I open it up to???

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven. A time to be born and a time to die. A time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted. A time to kill, and a time to heal. A time to destroy, and a time to build. A time to weep, and a time to laugh. A time to mourn, and a time to dance. A time to scatter stones, and a time to gather. A time to embrace, and a time to be far from embraces. A time to get, and a time to lose. A time to keep, and a time to cast away. A time to rend, and a time to sew. A time to keep silence, and a time to speak. A time of love, and a time of hatred. A time of war, and a time of peace."


Yeah... I needed to read that.

"Change...
we don't like it, we fear it, but we can't stop it from coming. We either adapt to change or we get left behind.
And it hurts to grow, anybody who tells you it doesn't is lying.
But heres the truth: the more things change, the more they stay the same.
And sometimes, oh, sometimes change is good.
Oh, sometimes, change is... everything."
~Grey's Anatomy~

No comments: