Tuesday, May 18, 2010

"The Road Ahead"

"The Road Ahead"

My Lord God
I have no idea where I am going.
I do not see the road ahead of me.
I cannot know for certain where it will end.
Nor do I really know myself,
and the fact that I think I am following Your will
does not mean that I am actually doing so.
But I believe that the desire to please You
does in fact please You.
And I hope that I have that desire
in all that I am doing.
I hope that I will never do anything
apart from that desire.
And I know that if I do this,
You will lead me by the right road,
though I may know nothing about it.
Therefore I will trust You always,
though I may seem to be lost
and in the shadow of death.
I will not fear,
for You are ever with me
and You will never leave me to face my perils alone.


This is pretty much the "theme prayer" for my life. Not that I've ever actually heard of a "Life Theme Prayer," but it seems to be how my life is, and will always be. Who knows where life will lead me, but as long as I keep God in the front of my mind and getting into heaven my main goal, than I know I will be ok.

No comments: