Sunday, May 2, 2010

"Veni Sancte Spiritus"












Today was the Confirmation celebration for the parishes in my town. There were four parishes that came at were confirmed at the Mass held at my home parish. All together there were I believe sixty-nine confirmation candidates. My younger brother happened to be a part of this group.

This was a neat Confirmation for me to attend because not only was my brother confirmed, but I knew a good third of the kids of the sixty-nine very well. I taught a good portion of them ccd classes when they were in sixth grade. It was so nice to be able to watch them grow up and then see them all get confirmed.

After the Mass there was a nice reception that followed. You could hardly walk with all the people that were downstairs. It was great!!!

The middle picture I put up here is one of my brother and his sponsor, a good family friend, Kyle Field. :)

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

It was a nice nice Confirmation and day with family. One in very very few, lately. :) Thanks for all you do with the youth, once again!
It means so much more to the future of the Holy Catholic Church, sis and you need to know that you have been paying an important role with the Gifts that the Holy Spirit you are using since your own Confirmation..that is the way it was always meant to be...continue to Come, Holy Spirit! Amen!

Suzanne said...

playing an important role, I mean...:)