Monday, January 10, 2011

"All Good Things Must Come To And End..." :(

I finally have been able to really sit down and write another blog post. Yesterday I guess I could have written one, but I was a bit sleep deprived from the retreat and ended up choosing to go to bed instead. When I say sleep-deprived I really do mean it. I believe I had about four hours of sleep Saturday night. Anyway, I am getting off-track....

I want to thank those of you who prayed for the confirmation II retreat. Your prayers worked! I have to say this past retreat was the best confirmation II retreat I have helped chaperone. The kids were well-behaved, and the talks were superb. It was a blast! I was very sad for it to come to an end.

My two very favorite part of this past retreat week-end was adoration time. The kids were all really great during this part. I did not go to confession because the kids were the one's that needed to go, and I also had gone the week-end before in preparation for the retreat. My other favorite part was hanging-out with my friends and the kid's after adoration and confessions were all done. We were all so slap-happy by that time that most of the night was spent laughing at the most random things ( most of which I do not even remember what we were laughing at) and me getting a work-out running up and down the stairs to find out what the score to the Colt's football game was every few minutes.

It is interesting to me how when I am on a retreat, no matter which one it has been, I always feel as though I never want to leave. I would not mind staying around the group an extra day or even longer. I guess that is partly why I enjoy helping out with so many different retreats... In fact, I had an Antioch retreat reunion meeting I went to pretty much as soon as I got home from the confirmation II retreat, and I have another one I will be helping out with next month. As soon as one retreat is done another one tends to take my focus.

No comments: