Friday, January 28, 2011

"There's No Place Like Home. There's No Place Like Home. There's No Place Like Home..."

I must admit that since my trip was so much fun, coming home and getting back into my normal routine has not been so easy. This morning when I woke-up was the first morning in the past week that I have not wished for a few more hours of sleep. I think my sleeping schedule is finally getting back to normal after my crazy week of traveling and working. I feel like I have not stopped moving. Even tomorrow I will have a little bit of sleep-in time, but I am meeting a friend to take a zumba class together before noon...

I find a sense of peace when I am working-out. Just keeping my mind on breathing at a good pace and keeping moving is so much simpler for me to do right now. I tend to pray a lot while working out, especially when I am jogging. It keeps my mind off the pain I am pushing myself through and so it is easier to win the mind-over-body game that happens while running/kick-boxing/pilates. Getting back into my exercise routine was the easiest part of coming home. I missed being able to push myself while on the trip. We had such a packed schedule that there was not much room when it came to working-out. I took advantage of Monday afternoon when we went in search of a less crowded metro station. We walked a ways and I did not feel guilty about missing my work-out that day.

I have to say being welcomed back with loud excited screams by the kids was my favorite part of the day. Each of them kept saying how they missed me, and I received lots of hugs and kisses from them. One little girl came and whispered in my ear "Miss Teresa, you're the best." How can a girl not eat that comment up? Moments like these are blessings in a crazy work-day. I do not take them for granted, but thank God for them everyday. :)

I went to Mass yesterday and was greeted with questions from friends about how my trip went and being told they were all praying for me. I did not know some of these people even knew about my planned trip to d.c.. It was just another reminder that I was home and surrounded by people who care about me. As nice as it was to get away from my hometown for awhile, there is nothing like returning home and knowing people are here waiting for me.

No comments: