Tuesday, January 25, 2011

“A journey is best measured in friends rather than miles”

I know I have been M.I.A. for sometime now. I have been incredibly busy with preparing for my March for Life trip and then being away for it that I have not had much free time to blog. In fact, I just got home a little while ago and am very tired, which is why this entry will be pretty short. I am only going to list the highlights from my trip and then later on I will come back and go into more detail because there is a lot to say.

My Favorite Moments From The Trip

The road trip to and from with one of my very best friends, Mike Keucher, and another new friend John Kimwando. We had way too many good laughs and conversations that I cannot go into detail here, but they helped make a great beginning and ending to this pilgrimage. :)

Seeing my good friend Jess and spending time with her and her family. They were kind enough to open their home to twelve energetic and fun people and I am very grateful for that. It is because of this fact I was really able to attend the March at all.

Sightseeing around d.c. Sunday afternoon was great times with the whole group.

Attempting to play "pretend" with some friends while looking at the air and space museum.

Going to the National Basillica in d.c. for the vigil Mass.

While at the National Basillica part of my group ended up with AMAZING seats. We could see everything. It was wonderful. I guess after four times, by the fifth you kinda know exactly how it works.

Being able to take a picture of Newt Gingrich, who sat just a few rows behind us. He even waved at me and posed for the picture. :)

Ending up sitting across from a group of people during the vigil Mass who know my friend Liz. She was supposed to come with our group, but changed her mind. Anyway as I figured out these people knew her she was on the phone with one of them at that exact moment. I got to talk to her on their cell phone. It was really cool how it happened.

Apparently my mom told me I ended up being on E.W.T.N. as I was walking away from receiving communion. I have never been on t.v. or in the newspaper before, so that was kind of cool too.

After Mass we went on the metro and most of the group on our car broke out singing in Latin. Only with a large group of Catholic people would that EVER happen.

The March itself was HUGE!!!! We ended up being towards the very back of the line so we stood there for hours and hours before we actually began to move.

While waiting to march I had a lot of fun with my sister having staring contests and playing 20 questions. It was some fun sister bonding... I had fun with my other group members, but I enjoyed hanging-out with her the most at that time. :)

After the march my "car" group ended up going separate ways and walked and walked and walked and walked to find a less crowded metro station. Got my work-out in. :)

Eating dinner with my friend's family while enjoying a couple of beers. It was good times.

Enjoying spending time with the WHOLE group after dinner laughing in the living room. Some of us played euchre, some of us were messing on our phones, some of us were getting back masages, some of us were doing homework ... but we were all enjoying each other's company. That was my favorite part of the trip.

I would have loved to post pictures of a lot of these things, but sadly and strangely somehow they got deleted. I really am not sure how it happened, but it was kind of sad. It happens though, and I am sure I will find pictures from other members in the group, so all is not lost. :)

And now I am going to go relax a bit. Even though this may seem like a long post, really it is not long at all. I will be posting more, as I said earlier. :)

The title of this post best says how I feel about my trip... "A journey is best measured in friends rather than miles."

3 comments:

Liz said...

AHHH sounds like a fantastic trip!!! oh no, i can't believe your pictures got deleted!

oh and today my friend showed me her pics from the basilica and you, ania, and kyle are in some of them! craziness! :)

Teresa said...

Liz,

I know. That was so crazy how that happened. It just shows how small the world really is. :) I am still bummed whenever I think about all my pictures being gone, but oh well... what happened happened. Can't change it now, so I need to stop reminding myself that it did...

Teresa

Suzanne said...

Hey, Teresa..when I saw you on EWTN, you were actually at your pew, kneeling and just watching everything. You could see the pure pleasure of where you were and what was going on all around you on your face..I am assuming it was after you received Holy Communion, but you were really up close for quite a few seconds..its was cool!