Thursday, October 29, 2009

A few of my favorite quotes.....

I think that next to the book "Pride and Prejudice," every guy should read at least one Nicholas Sparks book if he really wants to understand what a woman wants from a man... my personal favorite book of his is a tie "The Guardian" and his most popular, "The Notebook" He's also famous for "A Walk to Remember" and "A Message In A Bottle." Most recently another one of his books was turned into a movie, "Nights in Rodanthe," but that was my least favorite book of his so far. Why do I feel the need to write about this author tonight? I think it is mostly because I was looking up quotes of his to put into my quote book, and while looking through the many websites dedicated to him I could not help but be even more touched by his work... My sisters and I like to joke around about his relationship with his wife. I think whoever was lucky enough to marry him is probably a very happy woman, but then we could have it all wrong... I don't really think we could be too wrong though, because I just can't believe that a man that can write such beautiful stories with such moving passages in them could not be a romantic himself... Anyway, some of my most favorite quotes by him are:

"I am nothing special of this I am sure. I am just a common man with common thoughts. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, that has always been enough."
~The Notebook~

"Dusk is an illusion because the sun is either above the horizon or below it. And that means that day and night are linked in a way that few things are, there cannot be one without the other, yet they cannot exist at the same time. 'How would it feel,' I remember wondering, 'to be always together, yet forever apart."
~The Notebook~

"Poetry she thought, wasn't written to be analyzed, it was meant to inspire without reason, to touch without understanding."
~The Notebook~

"Poets often describe love as an emotion that we can't control, one that overwhelmes logic and common sense, That's what it was like for me. I didn't plan on falling in love with you, and I doubt if you planned on falling in love with me. But once we met it was clear that neither of us could control what was happening to us. We fell in love, despite our differences, and once we did, something rare and beautiful was created. For me, LOVE like that has happened only once, and that's why every moment we spent together has been seared in my memory. I'll never forget a single moment of it."
~The Notebook~

"Dreams are always crushing when they don't come true. But it's the simple dreams that are often the most painful because they seem so personal, so reasonable, so attainable. You're always close enough to touch, but never quite close enough to hold and it's enough to break your heart."
~Three Weeks With My Brother~

"And I learned what is obvious to a child. That life is simply a collection of little lives, each lived one day at a time. That each day should be spent finding beauty in flowers and poetry and talking to animals. That a day spent with dreaming and sunsets and refreshing breezes cannot be bettered. But most of all, I learned that life is about sitting on benches next to ancient creeks with my hand on her knee, and sometimes, on good days, for falling in love."
~The Notebook~

"The hurt began to fade and it was easier to just let go. At least I thought it was. But in every boy I met over the next few years, I found myself looking for you, and when the feelings got too strong, I'd write you a letter. But I never sent them, in fear of what I might find. By then, you'd gone on with your life and I didn't want to think about you loving someone else. I wanted to remember us like we were that Summer. I don't want to ever forget that."
~The Notebook~

"There was something inside her that longed to be desired, to be cared for and protected, to be listened to and accepted without judgement. To be loved."
~The Rescue~

"It is the possiblity that keeps me going... and though you may call me a dreamer or a fool or any other thing. I believe that anything is possible."
~The Notebook~

1 comment:

Ben said...

Awesome quotes. I think I like the one of the ones from "The Notebook" the best. Life is just a collection of little lives. And I agree with you, Nicholas Sparks definitely inspires the best in people.