Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"my own mental tug-of-war game...."

I feel as though God has been sending me a message lately... not that he doesn't try to send me messages daily, but I feel he has been more persistent in trying to gain my attention the past few days. I have been praying a lot to him about different things the past few weeks, mostly about my job. Yesterday, after one of the times I sat down and prayed to him about it I went on facebook and received this message....

"Teresa got a message that on this day, God wants her to know.... that tonight you can turn your worries to God, and have a good night's sleep. You've been worrying too much about the future lately. So tonight, go ahead, put your faith in God, and just have a peaceful evening and a restful sleep."


I do not really know how to take this message other then believing that God did want me to read it... especially after praying to him and letting him know I was worried about the future... It was a close moment that I was grateful for...

Today during Mass, Father talked about the importance of being patient about how God wants to let us in on His plans for our path. It was something I needed to hear yet again. I may not understand the whole deal with possibly losing my job, but if I do then obviously it is because God is ready for me to move on from there to something better... what that something may be I do not know, and I guess that's where the worrier in me wants to come out.

I admit I can be a worrier with some things, and I need to learn to just leave it all in God's hands. In a way that is kind of scary for me, but if I really believe God has the best things planned out for me then I really should not be scared. I guess that is the mental tug-of-war that goes through my mind when I start to worry about something, but I suppose that is only human.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I know in my heart He's gonna let you know. I honestly still feel the same way about many things..it doesn't matter the age, really.
Well, I don't want to "ramble," so I'll stop there! ;)