Thursday, October 22, 2009

my heart-to-heart....

There is something about when I go out a stare up at the night sky full of countless stars. Whenever I feel overwhelmed about things in my life I like to go out at night and just stare up at the night sky. Tonight I did just that. I feel so small in comparison to the universe while looking up into that night sky. In my heart I know without a doubt there has to be a God who is in control of everything. I do not understand how people believe that this world happened with just a big bang that came out of no where and boom we are now here for no particular reason other then to exist and die. How people believe there was no God that caused all of creation to be I do not understand...
As far as the whole creationism vs. evolution theories go, I believe that God is the all-time creator. Now how he chose to create us I am not sure... I don't really believe us humans came from apes really, but there are obvious signs of evolution around... take a frog or a butterfly... metamorphosis happens daily with those animals. I have never really had strong convictions about how God created us, I just believe that He was in charge of it all. I don't think we happened here by chance...
Why that topic came on here.... I do not know. I was not really thinking about heading into that direction about evolution. That is more of my father's thing to talk about...
Anyway, so tonight I did a little bit of stargazing and contemplating and talking to God about lots and lost of different things going on in my life. There are things in my life that have happened and I am still not sure about why He let them happen in the way they did, and where He is wanting me to go with my life.... I vented quite a bit to God about work and some other things that have been hard to deal with... After having my "heart to heart" chat with God I just laid on top of my car in silence in my front driveway where no one knew I was and closed my eyes and told God that I am ready for whatever sign He wants to send me. I do not expect a "sign" to come right away... but I did enjoy sitting outside in the silence trusting God heard me and knowing that He will send me that "sign" about my life at just the right moment. I have to just be patient enough to wait for it to come....

No comments: