Sunday, October 18, 2009

I'm back up and running

Thank God I am 100% better. I am sorry I have not posted a thing all week-end. I have been busy catching up on so many things that I let go while being sick. Studying for mid-terms, homework, cleaning, running errands... etc. Saturday was very much my "catch-up" day. Nothing too fun, just nice to finally be up and running all the way. I even bought myself a cheep cell phone, which I have been needing to do for quite some time.
Today was much more fun in some ways. We had our youth Mass today which was very nice. I enjoyed some pizza and fellowship with a number of friends who told me I "dropped off the radar" this past week... I guess they missed the memo that I was down with the swine flu. I was pretty much out for a few days and did not totally think to make sure all my friends knew... but I figured if they cared that much about me they'd call and see what's up.
After that I had a meeting for the retreat I am helping to plan.... I had to leave early, which didn't bother me too much considering the meeting had gone on for nearly 2 hours when I finally left. I felt kind of bad for the people who did not get to leave early. It was fun to see my friends from that particular group though. I feel awful because I do not get to see them nearly enough, so part of the reason I was so happy to help out with the retreat this year was because I knew I would be able to see them.
After the meeting I had a delicious dinner at T.G.I. Friday's with some friends. It was a fun time with a few good memories I will be keeping for a good laugh every so often. I ended the day at our parish renewal this evening. We had our largest group turn-out, which was nice for the final night of the event. It was on the topic of the sacraments. It was a good time.
Now I am off for some more mid-term studying...I think this will be a late night.

No comments: