Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"Do you know that everyday is the first of the rest of your life?"

I love days when even though you are busy, it does not feel at all that tiring, and I was blessed to have one of those kinds of days today. This evening was a gorgeous one here in my home town. Earlier today, though it was very muggy feeling and kind of gross.... I love the Summer heat, but I am not a fan of the humidity that comes along with it. Anyway, today was a nice day at work. We've been working on learning all about the letter "M," and the theme for the week is all about animals, big and small. Yesterday we had the kids make mice and today we had them make monkey puppets. They turned out so cute! One girl, who is no longer in my class any longer, (she is in the older class now...) ended up following me around all afternoon outside. She was my own personal shadow. She wanted to give me a make-over and had me sit down while she "fixed" my hair and "did my make-up" and picked out my clothes. I think she had me sit there for at least 30 minutes. It was amusing because some of the other children would want my attention, and she would get a little jealous when I told her that I needed to spend time with them too.
This evening was spent in Mass, which always helps me get into a relaxing mood, and then hanging out with some friends of mine. We ate pancakes and bacon, afterwords we then went out to play volleyball. I am really really bad at volleyball, but I did not want to be a "party pooper" and so I played too. Let's just say, I just hope everyone got some enjoyment with my awkwardness while attempting to play the game. I don't plan on playing volleyball again for quite some time. After playing that "lovely" game we hung out by the pool and just talked. It was nice, except for the bugs that kept flying around. All in all, it was a pretty busy, but nice day.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

You're good at softball though..as I recall and not half bad at pass football, as I understand it. :)
Glad you had fun with all your friends..sounded like a good time for all.

Kate said...

vollyball I can play...soccer is a whole other story...I remember being down at the MH and I was playing soccer with the novices and postulants...to make a long story short I couldn't remember which team I was on and I was left with simply running up and down the field with the others, pretending like I knew what I was doing...that is until Sr. Gloria Christi said, "Katherine, do you know which team you're on?" and in all honesty I replied, "I haven't the faintest clue Sister" and she said, "That's ok, just keep running back and forth"...so, on my next visit to the MH when it came to recreation it was either soccer or kick ball...I picked kick ball...which I was surprised that I still knew how to play it since I had not played it since recess when I was in grade school...