Monday, June 1, 2009

What a busy week-end I had...

Sorry about the lack of posting today... I have been so busy this week-end that it's been put on hold...

Speaking of this week-end... I spent my Saturday cleaning my room and car. Saturday morning tends to be my cleaning time. I get so busy during the week that the best time for me to clean up my mess is on Saturday. It's always nice after you clean and you look at the room you just picked up and you feel like you can breath in it again, if that makes any since whatsoever... After I picked up my room I did my work-out and was all ready to sit down and plan my classes for the week ahead. You see, this week happens to be the big week in our parish's c.c.d. program. All the classes meet everyday from 9 in the morning to 4 in the afternoon... Since I was not able to take the whole week off from work, I will be teaching the 3rd grade class in the mornings and then finishing up the afternoons at work... I am kind of excited about this week now that I have it all planned out and organized... It's interesting though, because usually I work with one of my parents, but this week I will be pretty much on my own most of the mornings. It should be interesting...
Saturday evening was spent at our annual parish pic-nic. The weather was so gorgeous that I did not mind staying there as late as I did. There was so much food there that I was stuffed. I enjoyed spending time with a family friend of mine, Elijah. That child is something else, let me tell you. I love him to death. He is 8 years old and full of life. He talked me into swinging on the swings, which I have not done in such a long time, and it was really fun. I also hung out with two of my other friends and enjoyed making s'mores with them... I love s'mores. They are sssooo good.
My night was visiting an open house for a good friend of mine. The "open house" was open to a slumber party, which I had initially wanted to do, but as the night wore on I was just wanting to sleep in my own bed because I knew I had another busy day ahead of me. It was kind of cool at my friend's house, because as we were roasting marshmallows over her bonfire, we looked up at the sky and to the northeast as well as the southwest of us we could see storms going on, but where we were the sky was perfectly clear and we could gaze up at the starts. It was pretty awesome.

The majority of my day today was kind of lazy in comparison to the day before. I did some finishing touches on my week long class and read some and played sudoku, which I am addicted to by the way.... The highlight of my day was actually the concert I was blessed to attend tonight. I got to see Eric Church, a country singer, at a local bar tonight with a good friend of mine. I was about 20 feet away from him and I was in a place where I could see him perfectly without being blocked, which for those of you who know me know that can sometimes be hard seeing as I am so short. He had such a great show, and he sang all of his songs exactly like on his cd. It was so packed in there that I was sweating bullets...but it was so much fun.

So that is what I have been doing all week-end and why I have not really done much blogging on here... I will do better this week, hopefully. :)

No comments: