Monday, June 29, 2009

"When it rains, it pours...."

There's that one saying "When it rains, it pours," well I think that describes the past few days for me. As you already know, my interent connection is not working at home, that is kind of old news. This week-end though, I ended up in a fender bender as well. I am thankfully ok, and my car did not get too damaged, but the whole ordeal was a pain to go through. I was on my way to Saturday evening Mass when I got hit by another truck. I ended up having to walk over to the police station, because neither of us drivers own a cell phone. Luckily the police station was a block away. What I was really annoyed with though was how we could walk over and tell the police about our accident we still had to wait about thirty minutes for a police officer to show up, and then we also had to wait for him to get all the paperwork done. All in all, I was outside for about an hour just sitting there, and I was really mad because I missed Mass.
Good news though, I was blessed to be able to go with a few friends to the Farm earlier that morning and I spent some time with Jesus in adoration, and I got to go to confession. Apparently there are two plenary indulgences I am able to receive from going to that one confession. I mean I have to do the other things that go along with that, which luckily I have already done for one, but the same confession counts for both indulgences, so that made my day a little better.
Saturday evening I was able to spend some time with a friend of mine for her birthday party. It was fun even though I only knew maybe four of the people beforehand. We played volley ball, and some people went swimming, and then we went out for a few drinks. It was a nice time that helped me get over the car accident easier. My friends were nice enough to let me vent about it and get my aggressions out, and I love them dearly for that!
Sunday was nice. I went to Mass with my younger sister, and ate lunch afterwards. I got to lay out for a little bit, which hardly ever happens, but doing so, I ended up with a sun burn.... Later I met up with my older sister for dinner. Bible study was interesting on Sunday night. The weekly Bible studies that St. Charles Youth Group is leading, are all on apologetics. This past week we talked about confession. Afterwards we played a good game of ultimate. It was a fun way for me to get my work out done.
Nothing is better to end a week-end off then going to a friends pool and swimming and catching up when you haven't seen them for awhile. So that was my crazy week-end. I will try and post something again soon, but I am not so sure when that will happen.

2 comments:

Kate said...

+M

I had an amazing time with you this weekend!! Our Lord is far too good to me and He has blessed me tremendously...I mean I was accepted to an amazing order(and I'll be entering during a jubilee year!), I got to go to the Farm, I get to see amazing friends and family at least one more time before entrance, I get to go to rome and see the pope (this is starting to sink in), I don't completely fail at sewing and I don't burn down the house when using sealing wax (I learned this tonight...I think St. Catherine was watching over me)...

...had you made it to the Saturday Mass, I would have probably run into you (I saw Jess but she was talking to Jesus and so I didn't want to disturb her)...I didn't stay for Mass...I just needed some Jesus and Kate time before I headed up to St. Paul's which was a tolerable experience...Fr. rich though I as nuts for wanting to go to rome during August, but that doesn't surprise me...

Have a very blessed day!!!!!!!!

Suzanne said...

God sure was with you..I think it might have been because you took the time to be with Him too! :)
So glad you are allright, sweetie. :)
I love you.