Saturday, June 6, 2009

"How Men See Me"

The other day I watched a movie, "Evan Almighty." There was a line in the movie that made me think.... in the movie there as a part where God and Evan's wife have a conversation and God says,

"Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does he give them opportunities to love each other?"


Well today I found a reading that talks about how men see God.... Just like the above quote made me think about how God answers our prayers when we ask for something, this made me think about others see God on a more personal level... The reading is below.


How Men See Me

I came to help a world. And according to the varying needs of each so does each man see Me.

It is not necessary that you see Me as others see Me - the world, even the Church, My disciples, My followers, but it is necessary that you see Me, each of you , as supplying all that you personally need.

The weak need My strength. The strong need My tenderness. The tempted and fallen need My Salvation. The righteous need My Pity for sinners. The lonely need a Friend. The fighters need a Leader.

No man could be all these to men - only a God could be. In each of these relations of Mine to man you must see the God. The God-Friend, the God- Leader, the God - Savior.

No comments: