Monday, June 1, 2009

My Battery is Running on Empty...


After only a few hours of sleep last night, my energy level is now pretty much spent.

Day one out of five for my third grade religious education classes is over with. I think we had a lot of fun. We spent the day trying to "understand the need for God based on revelation and faith..." We worked on memorizing the Apostles' Creed and then spent a lot of time in the morning over the creation story. The children took turns reading the story from the Bible, and then I let them use their creativity to make props for our own creation play. They had a lot of fun putting that together. After which we used the Bible as our script for the play. I remember when I said that would be our script a few of the kids said in unison, "That's so cool..." We also spent some time in Eucharistic Adoration which I think the children did really well with. They were all separated from one another so that the distraction level was really low and I think they got a lot more out of it that way. We also talked about today's saint's feast day, St. Justin, which was fun. I had the children color pictures of their three very favorite people ever and then had them explain who they were and why they were so important to them. The very last "big" project I had them do was write their own thank-you letter to God. It was interesting to watch how serious the girls were about that project versus the boys. The girls letters, from what I could see, looked like they could have been turned into books while the boys were very short and not quite as serious. I had fun teaching them and tomorrow looks like it will be eventful too.
Since today's feast day is St. Justin's I decided to put a prayer to him on my bog, so that is why I put the picture on here.

Now I am off to get ready for bed because I am exhausted.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Wow, Teresa, I am so proud of you!
This is amazing! Can you imagine the smile on God's Face? I can!
Seriously..what wonderful effort!