Saturday, June 13, 2009

Getting Healthier

In the past year I have been really working on getting into better shape and just trying to live a more healthy lifestyle... but I've noticed this past month I have slowly kind of stopped my workout routine along with my healthy food thing... and in some ways have become kind of lazy. So today I have decided to kind of start over and pretend that I have never lost those 35 lbs. this year, and pretend like it's day one. We'll see how this goes. So why am I sharing this, I bet some of you are wondering, and the answer is that this one blog is mostly for me. Usually when I type or write something down after thinking about it for awhile it tends to stick with me more than if I just keep it in my head. Here I go....

My healthy diet:
For breakfast:
I will only eat some fruit, or some yogurt, or a slim fast shake. Only one of those, not more than that.
For lunch: I will eat at least one or two salads for lunch, and I am thinking that for a month I might do what I did for lent... on Fridays I might just go with having a slim fast shake. It worked well for me during lent. I still haven't totally decided on if I want to do that second part though.
If I go out to eat for lunch, I will only go to places like Subway, and not chick-fil-a, which will be really hard, cause I love that place....
For dinner: I will have a smaller portions on the fattier stuff and larger portions on the veggies....and I won't have seconds.....
Snacks: Will be something healthy like fresh fruit and veggies...
(Oh and a side note, I'm giving up ice cream for a month...)

For my exercising regime:
I will do one day my tae-bo tape,
one day jogging/walking (mostly jogging with a little walking because I don't have that much endurance built up, sadly."
and one day my hip-hop dancing thing on tv, just for fun along with my abbs workout and a few push-ups.

After writing this all out I will be able to go back and look on it when I feel lazy, and usually (like 95% of the time) it helps me get in the mood to work-out and lose weight. I'll see how this goes.

4 comments:

Mike Keucher said...

This sounds hard. Yesterday, I kid you not, this was my diet:

-four or five donuts throughout the day.
- three pieces of Avers pizza for lunch.
- an entire medium pizza from Dominos for dinner. Topped with sausage, pepperoni, and bacon.

That was it. Yikes.

Mike

Mike Keucher said...

O, and I forgot: a McDonald's breakfast of a bagel with cream cheese and a couple hashbrowns. At least I didn't skip the most important meal of the day!

Teresa said...

rofl! Mike, that's great stuff right there!
It actually wasn't so hard once I got into it. My stomach kind of shrunk and all the greasy foods started to make me feel kind of icky after eating them, but the first few weeks it was SO hard not pigging out on junk food....

Suzanne said...

You guys! Wow! I'm speechless..help me here..good for you, Teresa...Mike...take care of your heart! I need to talk.........