Wednesday, June 17, 2009

First Impressions

Sometimes I really think that my family should be on a reality television show. I know that if I were watching my family back on t.v. as an outside observer I would probably be very amused. I mean, a lot of people claim to have strange families, but sometimes I think mine would "take the cake" as the old saying goes. I can't decided if having some cousins who have shot at each other because they were both being stupid and instead of calling the police for a situation, they decided to duke it out with guns because they did not want to get caught with the drugs that they had been doing all week, or if it's another little second cousin of mine who looks sweet, but is not at all as sweet as she looks, and can be a little terror, or another cousin who has been in prison for the majority of my life, and even I still do not understand really WHAT it was that he did that got him there. Why am I typing all of this somewhat embarrassing family history on a blog which only God will know who will read it? It is because I am actually about to go meet the said cousin that has been in prison for so long. He finally got out, and is back home. Technically he still has time to pay for here in Indiana, and so he will have to hand himself back in by the end of this month. I am not gonna lie. I am somewhat nervous to meet him, and I say meet because the last time I saw him was when I was like 5 or 6 years old, and I barely remember him, and so I will be kind of meeting him again. I can't help but wonder how this meeting will go, and maybe I am over thinking it, but that's me. I tend to over think things, I think. For example, tonight when I was trying to figure out what I would wear to my Aunt's, I was like should I look nice, or like I normally do, and then in my head I kind of got onto myself and said, "Teresa, he is your cousin for crying out loud, who just got out of jail. Is he really gonna care about how nice you look? NO!!!!" Why is it that the majority of us people always put so much pressure on first impressions anyway? I mean, I know that first impressions are really important, so because of that shouldn't we just act how we normally would, ourselves, instead of trying to over dress and be a little superficial? I don't know, that's just my thought process for the night. I think I've rambled on long enough. I better get off of here now.

No comments: