Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Beauty of Imperfection...

What is it about the human nature and trying to be the "perfect" person. People go around aiming to be what they think others want them to be... Trying to always fit in and be popular and liked. Sometimes we work so hard to be perfect for other people that we lose important aspects of our true selves...

To me though, I find it a little boring when people work so hard to fit that "perfect" mold. I find getting to know the real person far more interesting then the more fake one. I know I have been guilty of doing that in the past. Wanting to be liked so much that I would act the way I thought was how people would want me to be. Doing that though I began to forget who I truly was. All the different things that make me who I am.

I think the things a person considers a flaw in themselves in not a flaw at all. It is what helps make each person unique and special. It just adds to the fun of meeting someone new and I tend to love those flaws about people more than anything else. That is just my feelings on this whole topic....

My mom giggled to me over this random blog. She said she gets the feeling that I try to be the "perfect" girl while blogging. I did not know how to take that, because when I blog I really do not try to be a "perfect" person. I usually come here when I have something on my mind, and I type it all out and afterwords I feel so much better. That in no way means I am aiming to be the "perfect" girl. It never was my intention to have anyone think that as they read my blog... This blog is just pretty much me uncensored. It is just that I feel so much more relaxed and comfortable when I am blogging to go more in depth about my own personal views on things. That is not to say I think I am 100% right on what I say here, it is just how I feel... so take it or leave it. This is who I am. This blog, maybe more than anything else, is where a person can come and read and find out where my mind stands on things. I am who I am, and if some people do not like me, than that is fine. I do not expect to have every person I meet click with me. I am not gonna lie, it would be kinda cool if that happened, but that seems somewhat unrealistic. I understand people may not agree with how I think, but there are so many people who I know love me for who I am that I will be okay when someone crosses my path who ends up disliking me...

So I think I went rambling on in this blog. I started out with one thing in mind, and somehow ended up on a "detour" (that's what my dad calls when we are on a family trip and we get lost). So since I somehow have confused myself enough to not know how to get back to where I started I think this is a good place to end... so I am done now.

1 comment:

Mike Keucher said...

Absoluetly! Something very life-like exists in flaws. Flaws make us...human.

I think I once blogged on a poem called "The Flaw", and this is its first line: "The best thing about a hand-made pattern is the flaw."

I thank God we're all imperfect, but trying to improve nonetheless.