Sunday, January 24, 2010

Keegan Alexander is finally here! :)

Dinner at Chili's - $20.00
Washington March for Life trip - $300.00
Colts/Jets AFC Championship play-off tickets/ trip - $500.00
Watching your baby nephew come into the world - Priceless


Yes, that is what I have been spending my whole week-end waiting for. Yesterday around ten a.m. my older sister called to tell me she was in labor and on her way to the hospital. She ended up being in labor for well over thirty hours. I spend around that time in the hospital. I am pretty much exhausted from not much sleep... but that does not compare to all the pain my big sister went through... She did not get any pain relief until around 9 this morning, and then at about 1 p.m. they finally gave her some pytosin to help speed the process along. It was not long before her contractions were coming fast and strong... so they ordered her an epidural around 2:15... for whatever reason it would not take and so when she began to push she had hardly any pain meds. I felt just awful for my sister... She was a trooper. Let me tell you my baby nephew is the cutest little thing... What a way to spend the week-end that is so focused on the pro-life movement. It was simply amazing... and what a rush too!

Keegan is 7 lbs. and 19 1/2 in. long I will be posting a picture of the little guy on here very soon. :)

2 comments:

Rocky said...

congrats to all!!!

Mike Keucher said...

I am so excited! Thanks for psoting. Can't wait to see pictures of the little guy!!!!!