Sunday, January 3, 2010

Mariage is a vocation... a life-long commitment

All the talk about weddings in my last post made me think that as much as I thought about how I wanted my own wedding to go, I thought more about the kinda of marriage I want... A wedding is a great celebration for the couple to share with the people that they love, but after all the excitement of the wedding and the honeymoon, the most important things are about to happen.

A marriage should always be focused on what God wants you, as a married couple, to do to serve Him. Marriage should not just be looked at as an end to "waiting" and being good and finally being able to finally enjoy the fun stuff about being married. Each person in the marriage still needs to respect not only their partner, but also God. Sex inside of marriage should not be abused, it should be used as a way to come closer to the partner and being open to whatever the will of God is.... that is why when I get married I will practice N.F.P. (natural family planning)...
Being married each person needs to listen and respect one another... It is a tough road and should not be entered into lightly. It is a teamwork. It is a choice. As much as I am a romantic, I also know that marriage is not always lovey dovey and happy. There are moments and times when it is tough. When you may be angry with the other person, and want to run off, but you cannot do that. You have to talk through it, even if it is not what you feel like doing.

Communication is key....
When kids come along as husband and wife and parents you need to always be on the same page... and it has to be a fair way. I think that if the parents show they do not think the same way in raising kids the children will notice it very early, and before you know it chaos will most likely happen...

I believe that the father will need to be the head of the family... if the parents disagree about something, they need to talk about it in another room or at a time when the children will not hear to much about that disagreement, but whatever the outcome of that disagreement is, the father should be the one that will put the foot down... I am not saying the mother should not, because she should, but children in some ways will listen to the father more so then the mother... Maybe it is because of the deeper voice or the firmer look they can give. I am still unsure about that, except that I know that when I grew up, when my dad got upset and really put his foot down I knew to leave it be and not argue about it anymore.

As I said before, marriage is not easy. It is a vocation, a lifelong commitment... One which I will take the time to pray and think long and hard about before I agree to it....

I thought more about this subject, but if I went through everything I could write a book.... so I will end it on that note..

2 comments:

kevin said...

all i got to asy is wow!

Teresa said...

Kevin,

So you decided to finally make up your on account? lol

Teresa