Saturday, January 2, 2010

I'm single and that's how I wanna be....."

Today I was able to attend a very beautiful wedding ceremony and reception. An old friend from work got married today. I love weddings. I have loved everything about them ever since I was a little girl and caught my very first bouquet at age 8. My favorite thing to watch during the ceremony is how the couple looks at eachother when they are saying their vows. It is a precious moment... and then my two favorite moments at the reception are the father/daughter, son/mother dances...

The difference with this wedding though is that it was the first one I went to that was not a family member's wedding, or a close friend of the family's wedding... so I was the only member of my family to attend, and so as much as I loved watching those moments at the wedding, I couldn't help but daydream about how my future wedding would be... From who would preside to what church to the readings.... the songs that would play at the reception the kind of food, what my dress would look like and the bridesmaids dresses looked like... just being silly I supposed. It was also at this particular wedding that I found myself kind of wishing I thought to bring a date, although I still do not know who I'd ask to be my date... just to have someone there to joke around with and keep from being to bored, and to dance with every now and then.

I know that with the way my life is right now I don't have time for a serious relationship, but I realized that it does not really matter if I think I am ready for one or not... it's God's decision. I need to keep my mind focused on Him and what His plans are for me because even if I were not so busy that does not mean God thinks I am ready for my future husband to show up... The more I think about it the more I realized that it is much more frustrating for me to be sitting around thinking that my guy will just randomly show up and find me.... No that is not how it will happen. I have to keep myself busy doing the things I love to do. I need to keep active, and if I meet him great, but I am not going to fuss over when that time is. Besides, from what I have been told, men like women who have their own lives better then those who lean on them to make their lives happier all the time...so here I go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i really like this entry, an your right u shouldnt just sit around and wait keep going and God will bring your prince chraming! who knows maybe he could be closer then u think!