Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Some Things to Think About...

While waiting to find out if I will be able to attend my Tuesday evening class I checked my e-mail. I received these quotes in a forward and found them worthwhile to think about, so I thought I would share...

Don’t stand for something? You’ll fall for anything.- Africa

Better to be one sided than two faced.

Man's character is his fate. - Heraclitus

The more you know the less you show.

Character is power. - Booker T Washington

Before honor is humility. - Proverbs 18:12.

Character is what you do when no one is looking. - Henry Huffman

A half truth is a whole lie. - Yiddish proverb

Have more than thou show, speak less than thou know.-Shakespeare

When in doubt, tell the truth. - Mark Twain

Humility-No one act big. No one act small. Everyone act medium.

Justice is truth in action - Benjamin Disraeli’

A lie has speed, truth has endurance. - Edgar Mohn

Don’t compromise yourself. It’s all you’ve got. - Janis Joplin

If you don’t have integrity, nothing else matters. - Alan Simpson

Life- a long lesson in humility. - James Barrie

Integrity needs no rules. - Albert Camus

If I lose my honor, I lose myself. - Shakespeare S

Speak your mind, even if your voice shakes. - Maggie Kuhn

Honesty is the best policy. - English Proverb

What’s right isn’t popular, what’s popular isn’t right. -H.Cosell

Little strokes fell great oaks. - Benjamin Franklin

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. - Sophocles

Master habits before they master you.

Opinions alter, but character does not change
- Benjamin Disraeli

We make our habits, then our habits make us.

Lying is done with words and also with silence. - Adrienne Rich

Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.-Elbert Hubbard

Walk in another's shoes before judging them.

Touch a person's heart before trying to change their head.

While there’s life, there’s hope. - Terence



The computer is still down at my home. Luckily I have had some internet access here on campus and at work. I feel much more relaxed at home though. I feel like that is where I can think and write out more freely I suppose.... Hopefully not much longer until I get to do that....

2 comments:

Rocky said...

Hi Teresa! Please tell your mom that I received her voicemail and did as she asked me to - telling Sarah about your computer being down. I hope it gets fixed soon!

Sorry to read about your being waitlisted too - that's a real drag.

You're a good girl, Teresa. Stay well - and by the way, I blog rolled you. Sorry it took me so long!

Alexa

Teresa said...

Aelxa,

I will tell her that. Oh, and thanks for blog rolling me. :)

The waitlisted thing is kind of a drag, but I am sure it will make more sense later on.... hopefully anyway.

Teresa